Boudica's Boys is the first mission for the British campaign, taking place during the second day of Operation Overlord.
|Authie: Boudica's Boys|
Onward to Authie
|Campaign||Liberation of Caen|
|Date||June 7, 1944|
|Location||Buron & Authie, France|
3rd Battalion |
Baker Company (B-Coy)
12th SS Panzer Division |
Operation Overlord. June 7, 1944. British 2nd Army's D-Day objective was to take Caen. They are a day behind schedule. 3rd Battalion must secure Authie and establish a base of operations from which to assault Caen.
Soldiers atop a Cromwell Tank column discuss one of Major Blackmore's daring achievements until they are ambushed by Grenadiers and a Panther tank. After quickly eliminating the threat, Corporal Degnan is assigned to prepare defenses and eliminate the Panzer counterattack. Once the attack is over, 3rd Battalion barrages the town and moves in to capture Authie.
1) Destroy the Panther Tank
2) Build an artillery emplacement
3) Defend the left flank
4) Secure the Abby on the right flank
5) Capture Authie
6) Hold Authie
3rd Battalion Cap Badge
Capture all Territory sectors.
- Build defenses and wait. The first part of the mission doesn't require much management aside from firing barrages from the 25 Pounders.
- When the Sappers are done building, move them well away from the battlefield since you cannot create new ones and repair your tanks.
- Utilize the 25 Pounders to weaken the enemy if necessary and advance with tanks and infantry support.
- A Marder III tank destroyer lies in wait in the town. Eliminate it quickly to keep your Cromwells alive.
- Enemy reinforcements will continue to appear until the town is captured. After which, you must defend it briefly to complete the mission.