Carpiquet: The Airfield is the fourth mission for the British, and is the second part of Operation Windsor.
|Carpiquet: The Airfield|
|Campaign||Liberation of Caen|
|Date||July 5th, 1944|
3rd Battalion |
1st British Commandos
Royal Canadian Rifles
|Axis||12th SS Panzer Division|
|Supporting Forces||Royal Scots|
The Royal Commandos have established a front line; it is time for 3rd Battalion and the Royal Canadian Rifles to eliminate any remaining Axis forces and take the Airfield.
1) Defeat Axis counter-attack
"Stop the Axis counter-attack. Focus the defense around key enemy axis of advance.
2) Secure the airfield
1b) Neutralize the Turrets
2b) Destroy all aircrafts/Shoot Down the Aircraft
"Destroy the Henschel Airplanes before they take off."/Build Bofor Emplacements to shoot down the Henschel Airplanes.
Special Air Service Badge
Awarded for successfully retrieving the Commandos infiltrated within the Airfield.
- The Flak 88s are powerful assets, able to take out groups of infantry or vehicles in one shot. They take up 11 in the population cap but they can be manually abandoned.
- Alternatively, build 17 Pounder AT Guns for anti-tank emplacements.
- Infantry in trenches will generally be safer than they if they were in buildings.
- The Hummel can be safely taken out by the 25 Pounder Gun Howitzer, or by rushing a Stuart.
- If any planes manage to take off, build a Bofors 40mm Cannon to take them down.
- One of the grenadiers guarding the control tower is later seen serving in Kampfgruppe Lehr.